It’s been a long while since I have posted an update on our house hunting saga. That’s not to say that nothing has happened, quite the opposite in fact! There has just been too much uncertainty with whether we would be going through with the sale and purchase that we had planned. So what’s been going on? Well, since the 4th April we’ve been doing the very stressful, but also very boring to-ing and fro-ing with the solicitors on each side. We had our mortgage approved after the man went and valued our property we’re hoping to buy, and our buyers had their mortgage approved after a lengthy delay by their lender to arrange a survey. For them, it didn’t help that after a 1-month delay in the valuation survey being arranged, the man called in sick so delayed plans by a further 10 days! Eventually, we came to a stand-still whereby our buyers wanted us to pay for some checks and we were concerned our new property may not have the correct planning permission, meaning we would have to rebuild the loft bedroom entirely!
Eventually, we came to a stand-still whereby our buyers wanted us to pay for some checks and at the same time, we were concerned our new property may not have the correct planning permission, meaning we would have to rebuild the loft bedroom entirely! There was a definite falter in the chain and none of us knew whether it would move forward. But it did, the building control approval came through and then we paid half for the checks our buyers wanted.
Now we are at the exciting point. After 2 1/2 months of back and forth, we are hoping to exchange within the next 7 days!! Meaning that the new house will definitely be ours. Of course, at the time of writing, this could still all go to pot as no contracts have exchanged hands, but we are all aiming for a moving date of 8th July! So onto the next (and biggest) stress… packing everything in 3 weeks!!!
I’m off to pack the most important things first… my stationery hoard. Ta-ta!
If you fancy leaving comment, please do, they always make my day!