Staying on plan with Slimming World can be hard, especially in the winter months when you crave comfort food. I love an indulgent home cooked meal, and I was thrilled when I found my usual stew recipe only costs 1 syn! This is how I make a Slimming World beef stew.
- 400g beef diced with visible fat removed.
- 3 large potatoes (preferrable Maris Piper), peeled and cut into 1cm slices.
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced.
- 2 medium carrots peeled and chopped, or a handful of frozen carrot slices.
- 1 handful of frozen peas.
- 2 tsp rosemary.
- 1 pint of beef gravy (4 tsp of beef gravy granules = 1 syn per tsp)
- 1 stock cube crumbled and mixed into gravy.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Using a slow cooker, put the potato slices and sweet potato cubes into the crock pot.
- Add the veg on top of the potato mix.
- Sprinkle the rosemary on the top of the diced beef and add salt and pepper to season the meat, leave for 10 minutes.
- Place the meat on the top of the other ingredients and slowly pour the gravy/stock mix over the top, ensuring you don’t wash off the rosemary in the process.
- Turn the slow cooker to high for 1 hour, then turn down to low for another 7 hours. Stir approximately every hour, ensuring that the ingredients are all submerged in the gravy as much as possible.
By the end of the cooking time, the potatoes should be soft and easy to break up with a fork, serve into a large bowl and enjoy. Even better, each portion is only 1 syn!
If you prefer chicken you can swap the meat and use chicken gravy and stock instead, the same quantities of the other ingredients still applies.
If you are looking for a more indulgent dish you can add a Yorkshire pudding, 1 small is 2.5 syns; and a home-made dumpling is around 3-4 syns, check the website/app to find out specifically for the type you’ve bought or made. Aunt Bessie’s dumpling mix comes out at 3 syns per dumpling, but others may be more.
Tell me what you thought of my recipe below, I love to hear your comments.
If you fancy leaving comment, please do, they always make my day!